TAMILTWISTER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 13th Warrior Original Dvd-Rip

Go down

The 13th Warrior Original Dvd-Rip Empty The 13th Warrior Original Dvd-Rip

Post by ROMEO Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:36 am

The 13th Warrior Original Dvd-Rip

The 13th Warrior Original Dvd-Rip The-13th-Warrior-Video-Release-Poster-C10291206

Summary:
In the early years of the 10th century, an exiled Arabian nobleman falls in with a band of Vikings. Disgusted by their poor hygiene and their barbaric ways, he nevertheless reluctantly agrees to accompany them to a distant kingdom, where an unspeakable menace terrorizes the land.

This is an interesting interpretation of the tale of Beowulf, with the monster Grendel transformed into the fierce Wendol, a tribe of cannibalistic Neanderthals who have somehow survived long past their time. Despite the fact that Banderas is the title character and credited as the star, he is not the hero here at all. The band of 13 is led by the huge and intimidating Buliwyf (read Beowulf), a hero among his people who must battle both the Wendol and their deadly "mother." Alexander Gudonov look alike Vladimir Kulich is the hero of this film, and delivers a strong, amazing performance. Banderas spends much of the film bumbling, stumbling, screwing up and trying to keep up with the Vikings, who look upon him with contempt but finally, perhaps grudgingly, accept him.

Okay, so it's not entirely historically accurate and suffers from production problems and an occasional overdose of testosterone, but it's not a bad movie by any means. The casting is great, with standout performances by the aforementioned Kulich as well as Dennis Storhoi as Herger, Bandera’s translator and only friend; the handsome Scottish actor Tony Curran (in an unlikely kilt, but who cares?!?!) as the Celt Weath and the woefully underrated Richard Bremmer as the intimidating tattooed redheaded (and damn sexy!) Skeld. The film was worth watching for these three men alone, but then, I am female and perhaps a bit prejudiced in my opinions. These guys are HOT! But, I digress...

Beautiful scenery, tense and bloody battles and a claustrophobic climax in a bone strewn cave lift this movie well above average. There's something for everyone here; fans of horror, fans of action, fans of classic literature should all find something to enjoy about this film. It may not be the best film ever made, but its still one of my very favorites.

The 13th Warrior Original Dvd-Rip 7ba993fdc9

The 13th Warrior Original Dvd-Rip 5c27aec39e

ROMEO
ROMEO
Twisters Site Technician
Twisters Site Technician

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2007-01-13

http://www.rediffmail.com

Back to top Go down